Starting in January 2023, Polarr will launch our Filter Challenge where creators can submit themed filters for a chance to be featured inside of Polarr and earn monetary rewards.
A new challenge theme will be announced every month on Polarr’s Instagram. Each theme is determined by the Polarr Team and follows a seasonal or currently trending aesthetic. Creators will have the entire month to submit their filters through that month’s hashtag for a chance to win one of six featured spots in our app and win $50USD if selected.
All Polarr creators are welcomed to participate in our monthly Polarr Filter Challenge. However, to be eligible for the feature and monetary reward, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old OR have your parent’s permission and signature to sign a legal contract to distribute your filter in-app, if you are selected as a winner.
- Have a valid PayPal account or Amazon account that you can login and receive payment, if you are selected as a winner.
- Have a profile picture and at least one social media account linked to your Polarr Profile.
If your filter has been selected as a winner:
- Your filter will be featured throughout Polarr Social Media.
- Your filter will be featured in a “Themed Collection” inside of Polarr for one month and receive over 1 million impressions per day.
- You will receive a $50USD monetary reward as a PayPal payment or Amazon E-Gift Card.
In order to receive all challenge rewards, you must sign a contract that releases the ownership rights of your filter to be used for any purpose by the Polarr Team. Failure to sign the contract will result in a termination of your submission and another winner may be chosen. Polarr reserves the right to provide, restrict, terminate or change the monetary reward, in our sole discretion at any time for any reason.
In order for your filter to be selected as a winner, you must meet the above eligibility criteria and follow all challenge rules:
- You must add the #PolarrFC hashtag when posting your filter. The challenge prompt and hashtag will be announced at the beginning of each month on Instagram.
- You must only submit your own filters to the challenge.
- Your filter, cover image, and filter name must fit the challenge prompt.
- Your filter cover image must come from a free photo platform such as Unsplash.com or Pexels.com. If selected as a winner, we will require you to send the source link of your filter cover image. Failure to use a cover image from a free photo platform will result in disqualification.
- Creators are able to post as many filters as they would like for the challenge. However, your filter may only be selected once per challenge.
The Filter Challenge Winners are selected by the Polarr team based on the following criteria:
- How the filter incorporates the theme of the challenge
- How the filter looks on a variety of images
At the end of the challenge, the Polarr team will thoroughly review all filter submissions and select six winners with respect to the above criteria. When testing how the filter looks on a variety of images, the Polarr team will take into account any skin tone differences, color discrepancies, quality, etc. The Polarr team reserves the right to provide, restrict, terminate or change Filter Challenge winners, in our sole discretion at any time for any reason.
How many winners are selected each month?
Six winners and their filters will be selected and featured each month.
When is the last day you can post filters for the challenge?
The last day to post filters for each challenge will be the last day of each month at 11:59PM PST. For example, the last day to submit filters for the January 2023 challenge will be on January 31, 2023.
Do I have to post my filters on Instagram with the challenge hashtag?
Yes. Any submissions posted without the hashtag will not be considered.
What happens if I previously submitted filters for a Collection Collaboration?
Unfortunately, our previous Creator Collection Collaboration has been discontinued. However, you are able to submit your previous filters if you would like them to be considered for our Filter Challenge.
How does payment work if my filter is selected?
Challenge winners can choose if they would like to receive their payment as a PayPal payment or Amazon E-Gift Card. However, in order to receive your payment, you must sign a legal contract. Failure to sign the contract will result in termination of your submission and any challenge rewards.
If I won a previous Filter Challenge, am I able to participate in future Filter Challenges?
Yes! You are able to participate in any and all Filter Challenges as you would like, regardless if your filter has won in the past.
What is the purpose of signing the contract if I am selected?
The contract is required in order to receive the challenge rewards because it grants Polarr commercial distribution rights to feature, resell or reproduce your filters in any way and/or form as the Polarr team would like. The contract gives our team permission to feature your work. Without it, we will not be able to feature your filter to everyone.
I have more questions.
Please email email@example.com if you have concerns about this challenge, or your individual payouts.